Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday in paradise


I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful day as today. Not a peep of a cloud anywhere. The Boys are awake and already downing cereal when I pop over to the cottage at 8am!! They come over to the main house for eggs bacon and English muffins, then take off for Leo's tour of the property. Hiking climbing, exploring endlessly.
Granny and I go to the outlet mall and the grocery store since morning is her free time - starting at 1pm she needs to be around for visitors to the gardens.
We're back in time for lunch - the boys obviously whipped up an appetite being outdoors - and then I drop them in the center of town for basketball. I confess I let Leo drive (he does have a legal learner's permit, and several hours practice behind the wheel) down the country road, while everyone else huddled in the back, silent. Leo did a great job.
There is some chuckling about the 'center of town' since it consists of one small building for the post office, and a mail box. Blink and you miss it. They stayed for a couple of hours, and I must report that the two-team of Leo and Parker whooped the three-team of Dustin, Nicco and David. I think there was betting behind the scenes, and now Leo and Parker do not have to do any clean up in the cottage...plus I htink they're standing just a little taller...
There are at least 15 cars parked outside, for all the garden visitors today, it's amazing.
Now they are showering so we can head into the outlet mall... I need to pick up my cell phone whch I left in the Bass store (ahem) and they want to look around. Then we'll meet Granny for a yummy dinner in an Indian restaurant in Lee.

No comments: