Monday, August 25, 2008

San Jose and the wedding


From Saturday August 23 –
This morning I had a walking tour of the city of San Jose, with a man named Julio who does this now for the love in his heart. He knows everything about the history of San Jose, and all of Central America! This city is quite a sad place really, no one lives here anymore, all of the interesting architecture has been torn down in favor of pretty revolting modern stuff thrown up with no thought to any city planning. Many homeless on the streets, lots of litter and abandoned buildings - just sad. I got a lot of intersting history, but really understand why we do not include this in our tours. Not many people would enjoy it! I had to check out of my room - which is why I'm all dolled up, sitting in open air cafe at the Gran Hotel Costa Rica, one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is pouring rain and hot, Costa Rican style. I have a chilled glass of white wine and a plate of sea bass ceviche, and am in heaven.


I am picked up at 3P to go to Sole's wedding. A traditional Costa Rican wedding, just great, in a lovely church with Sole looking so beautiful. Of course I did not understand a word of it, but then love is a matter of the heart is it not?? Words are not necessary.


This was followed by a full night's dancing and partying ina unique art hotel. I met many people I only knew via email before, that was fun. The food and dancing were great, and I was in bed asleep by midnight?

No comments: