Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This is where it starts...

So much travel this summer, I have to lay it out so I can remember who is where when...
Milo is in Alaska right now, then does a 24 hour turnaround before going to Turkey, both of those for Thomson Family Adventures. Then he moves on to Italy with his girlfriend, dropping their bags in Rome and exploring the country. All I know for sure is he will be in Amsterdam July 18 for his 21st bday. Oh No!! Which is more difficult - knowing he is so grown up (and I the mother of such a grown up) - or knowing he will be in Amsterdam for a big birthday (and me jealous that I am not too!)
Mira goes to Costa Rica July 5 to work for a couple of weeks with my colleagues there. Filing, landscaping, child care - whatever pops up but with time for fun too. Kayaking in Tortuguero, night hiking to watch the green sea turtles lay their eggs... I'm envious of her too. Even though it's not the month we originally envisioned - just not enough time this summer - I will not be surprised if she returns fluent in her Spanish.
Leo and I leave for Portugal on Saturday, June 23. Then off to Morocco, with Mira too, on July 28. As I am packing I get confused about which trip I am preparing for. Is it the one with the Port wine, or the one with the couscous? Do I need to speak French or Portuguese (or even Arabic??). Isn't it impressive that I can sound like I speak any of them?

1 comment:

KTK said...

ok, confused or not,
I'm jealous!